1. Student name (as you would have it on your certificate/transcript):
2. We will not send a certificate of completion or an updated transcript unless we can confirm that someone paid for this course. Please tell us who paid for it, if it was you, enter your name. If it was someone else, please enter the name of the person (or the business name) that paid for you.
3. Please enter the email address you would like us to send your certificate of completion to.
4. Your complete physical address (Street, City, State, Zip Code). This is a requirement of the NCBTMB for your transcript. We will not mail you anything or share the address with anyone. This can be a business address or PO Box.
5. Please enter your massage license number. If you do not have one, you may enter your NCBTMB certification number or just enter the number 0.
6. According to Chapter 1, why should you obey the laws?
7. According to Chapter 1, when and where was the earliest regulation of massage therapy enacted?
8. Fill in the blank according to Chapter 2
Sexual misconduct is defined as a violation of the ___________through which the health care practitioner uses such relationship to engage or attempt to engage the patient or client, or an immediate family member, guardian, or representative of the patient or client in, or to induce or attempt to induce such person to engage in, verbal or physical sexual activity outside the scope of the professional practice of such health care profession.
9. Fill in the blank according to Chapter 3
“Massage” means the manipulation of the ________of the human body with the hand, foot, arm, or elbow, whether or not such manipulation is aided by hydrotherapy, including colonic irrigation, or thermal therapy; any electrical or mechanical device; or the application to the human body of a chemical or herbal preparation.
10. According to Chapter 3, what is the definition of a massage therapist?
11. According to Chapter 3, what is a “Board-approved massage school”?
12. What is “sexual misconduct”?
13. Which of the following constitutes misconduct?
14. Fill in the blank according to Chapter 3,
It is unlawful for any person to: Hold himself or herself out as a massage therapist or to practice massage unless __________under this chapter or unless otherwise specifically exempted from licensure under this chapter.
15. According to the Massage Practice Act section 480.033 (4) a massage therapist is a person that is__________________.
16. Fill in the blank using 480: Massage Practice Act Section 480.032 Purpose.
Massage is____________, and regulations are necessary to protect the public from unqualified practitioners.
17. Fill in the blank using 480: Massage Practice Act Section 480.032 Purpose.
The Legislature recognizes that the practice of massage is potentially_________ to the public in that massage therapists must have a knowledge of anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the relationship between the structure and the function of the tissues being treated and the total function of the body.
18. According to section 456.007 Board members; requirements
What would keep the owner of a massage school from sitting on the massage licensing board?
19. According to section 456.003 (2) Legislative intent; requirements Why does the legislature believe that some professions should be regulated?